Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pray Daily 6/9

Due 6/16:
  • Read the transcripts for Bickle's teaching on pray daily, or listen to the teaching.  mikebickle.org 
  • post a comment on the website and reply to one other person's comment.
  • Set a schedule for prayer with at least one hour allotted to prayer per day.
  • Pray the TRUST prayer at least 2 times daily (all it takes is 1-3 minutes)
  • Pray in tongues for at least a full 5 minutes daily (until next week), and take note of the experience.  Did it make a difference?  Was it hard to do?  Did it offend your mind?  Be ready to share something next week.
  • For further resources check out recommended teachings
My notes with scripture references


Recommended Teachings: 

  • Bickle Sacred charge teaching on Prayer from mikebickle.org  
    • includes notes, transcript, mp3, or video options

    7 comments:

    1. Kate, you crack me up!!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I finally got to listen to the Authority of the Believer session 1 and it REALLY brought me some freedom! So, then I listened to session 2 and now I can't remember what he said... but still, I am glad to have some new revelation and ammo against the wiles of the enemy! I guess I will be listening to that one again. : )

      ReplyDelete
    3. I was out of town at IHOP last week and didn't see the homework assignment until just now. Karen, I enjoyed listening to the authority of the believer teaching.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Well... I don't know about you guys, but RARELY do I commit myself to praying one hour (straight through) in a day!! It is more like 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there, praying while doing the dishes, nursing, cleaning, laundry, driving... you catch my drift?! Well, this week I had one morning where I set aside an hour (I set my clock) to go through the Fellowship & Trust prayer "lists" & journal some personal prayers for family, etc. with NO distractions (other than my drifting mind... that I had to command to submit to focus on the Lord) It was awesome! And a super launching place to enrich the days when prayer is here, there, and all over the place in my day!
      And to comment on the rest of you beautiful people....
      I have been handing out copies of the Authority series to everyone that I spend time with lately! : )
      They are awesome & we are role-modeling exercising our authority as believers to Eva. She now says, "no fear! in Jesus name" to her fan (that scares her sometimes). Amen!

      ReplyDelete
    5. That made me smile about Eva and the fan. Your so right on with setting aside specific, intentional prayer time. I did that yesterday morning and it set the precedence for the rest of my day. Now if I could just make it a habit.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Laurie,
      I believe it was Billy Graham's mom who would put her apron over her head when she needed prayer time. All the kids knew not to disturb her while the apron was up.
      I was on vacation last week and thought that I would surely have lots of quiet time. The kids were up between 5 and 6am and went to bed only because I was going to sleep. No naps and constant bouncing. Seems to be season of life.

      ReplyDelete